About our organization
At the November 12, 1958 meeting of the South Brooklyn Businessmen’s Association the idea of the need for a new organization was first introduced.
The new association would be opened to professional and businessmen of Polish-American heritage. The stated purpose would be the good and welfare of all Polish-Americans, mutual benefit to members, participate in community affairs and to honor a distinguished Pole annually.
Association name and registration
At the February 1959 meeting, the name of Pulaski Association of Business and Professional Men was adopted.
The Certificate of Incorporation was formally adopted on the 13th day of October 1959. The original directors were: Stanley Dworanczyk, Vincent Brunhard, Matthew Widlicki, Walter T. Thomas, Alfred J. Bartosiewicz, Ludwig Glowa, John J. Borchardt, Richard J. Gaza and Edward A. Kurmel. The actual Certificate was signed by all of the above and in addition Raymond A. Dobosiewicz, Edward March and Joseph Matulicz. The Certificate was prepared by John J. Borchardt. The By-Laws of the association were prepared by Raymond A. Dobosiewicz. With all of the formalities completed, the organization was now functioning.
Our Latest News
Kościuszko Bridge Plaque Restoration
The Kosciuszko Bridge is one of the largest bridges in New York City and is also part of the I278 known as Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. The bridge connecting Brooklyn and Queens and two Polish neighborhoods of Greenpoint and Maspeth. The heavy congestions and endless traffic forced a decision by the state of New York to replace the old Kosciuszko Bridge with the new one.Learn more